The PartnerSHIP is working to decrease obesity rates and reduce the number of people who use commercial tobacco or are exposed to secondhand smoke in Winona County.
Thanks to the PartnerSHIP and community partners, more students are walking to school thanks to “Safe Routes to School” and enjoying additional physical activity both during and outside the school day. More schools are supporting “Farm to School” and other healthy eating opportunities. Employers are participating in the Winona County Worksite Wellness Collaborative and are working to offer more comprehensive workplace wellness strategies to improve workers’ health and productivity. The local health care facility is providing services and referrals that its patients need to eat healthier, get more physical activity and stop smoking. Winona County communities are supporting tobacco-free living, healthy eating and active living efforts. Child care facilities are increasing access to healthier food and physical activity for children in their care, and are supporting breastfeeding moms.
See more success stories below.
Expand for success stories about active living…
Expand for success stories about healthy eating…
- SHIP Partner Makes A Big Splash
- Healthy on-the-go is new at Winona Hy-Vee
- Goodview Farmers Market Celebrates Successful Season
- Classroom in the Cafeteria for Winona Area Public Schools
- Enhancing Farmers Market Engagement
- Riverway Learning Community Promotes Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
- Seed Bank and Library – A Unique Partnership in Winona
- Fresh Funds Program – A New Way to Provide Nutrition
- Diabetes Group Education in Spanish
- New SHIP Partner Gets Their Hands Dirty – Literally!
- Strong Market Season Kick Off
- A Different Kind of “Test”
- Growing the Goodview Farmers Market
- HBCI Healthy Eating
- Beyond Addiction – Optimizing Healthy Eating
- Project FINE Colorful Growers
- Replacing Fountain Soda Machine
- Taste Test Tuesday
- Goodview Farmers Market
- East Recreation Center Community Garden
- Better Options at RiverSide Electronics
- Lewiston Farm-to-School Program
- Healthier Menu Options
- Empowering Health Ambassadors
- Winona County Garden-in-a-Box